Of course, now I realize that I am totally dependent on so many things and so many people and it doesn’t bother me one bit. I know that I am dependent on Joey for things, and I am dependent on my family, and my co-workers, and my neighbors. It’s okay not to have all the answers and have to seek guidance from others who have already walked my path. Wisdom has to be lived not learned.
Independence has always been brewing in me and I can see it peeking out in Gracie. She likes to be by herself sometimes. I remember when she was very, very, little she was crying and I couldn't get her to stop. I held her and rocked her and bounced her, and finally I just put her right down in the middle of her bedroom floor and she was content. She just wanted to be left alone.... uh oh.
I guess you could say that I have been put in my place by a little Grace…
Nichole - I don't check in often enough, but when I do, I LOVE it! Please keep writing! It is great to hear what's going on with you and to look forward to the things that lie ahead as Sophie ventures into things that you have already experienced with Gracie. That last line made me laugh & cry at the same time...how precious is she! Much Love - Sarah
ReplyDelete