It’s the summer after my freshman year of college. I am driving around in my dad’s big red Ford F-250. We gently named her “Big Red.” Oh the power of that truck… I think its something that only a few of us really understand. Well, probably only two of us… me and my friend Carey. We absolutely loved that truck. Carey begged to drive it and when I would let her it was like she turned into someone else. Tongue slightly sticking out as she was shifting gears, looking out the side window instead of straight ahead, digging a little into the gravel from 2-3. I am not sure what it was about that truck… but I loved that attitude that it gave her.

And then there were the times in her little “Scoob-A-Rue” that were just as fun. We didn’t do anything we just rode around, laughed, listened to music and chased boys. Sometimes we got into some trouble but not too much. She made me laugh and I made her laugh.
People change and friendships dwindle a bit when husbands, jobs, and kids come along but good friends are good friends and that never changes.
I think it is the change of seasons that always makes me miss home. Especially spring and fall. There is nothing I love more than the flowers blooming in the spring and the trees changing in the fall. Sitting on a tailgate with a bonfire, a full cooler, good friends, good country music is a little piece of heaven. “God’s Country”
I hope that I can pass the love of small town America and country to Gracie. You really have to get away from it to be able to appreciate it.
Thanks Wynonna!!
No comments:
Post a Comment