Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Big

It doesn’t seem possible that Gracie is this big. Big enough to have an opinion on what socks she wears and big enough to say “Go!” while pointing to the car, demanding to hold the keys. She’s big enough to walk up and down the porch steps by herself and big enough to tell me that she wants to watch Elmo. She’s big enough to sing along to the ABC’s getting every 5th or 6th letter right and count to 10 with me. At night, she’s so big she wants to be put to bed with no rocking (sniff, sniff). She’s big for her britches alright and she is a very independent little girl, who thinks she can do anything. And to me, that’s big.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this post... we both used pictures of our girls holding keys today! I loved the way Cel used to say the word "keys", whether they were her primary colored plastic ones, or my real ones (which she much preferred).
    And I LOVE Gracie's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post later in the day and thought to myself that it was very ironic and then thought what a different perspective you have when looking at practically the same picture. Then as usual, I felt small and grateful.

    PS- I love the outfit too. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete