Saturday was a beautiful day and so was the company I kept. It was the first time in a really long time that I had a day that belonged to Gracie. I had a ton of stuff that I should have been doing. Responsibilities that have been put on me that needed tending to.
I won't even mention the dust bunnies that are hosting parties in all corners of my house. In fact, I know there are some of you reading this thinking… yes, you should have done this and you should have done that, and to you I say... sorry.
All day I kept repeating a poem to myself. It was a poem that was cross-stitched and hanging on the wall in my little sister's room..
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow
Quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I am rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
We missed Daddy while he was away but we sure had a great girl’s day. We played outside, we took a walk then a nap, we had snacks, we danced, and we went to bed early. There is no pedicure, massage, shopping trip, or therapist that could have provided me with more comfort.
Two little hands reaching up for me, two little blue eyes sparkling in the sun, two little ears covered with a simple purple hat and a cute little nose.
Two little hands reaching up for me, two little blue eyes sparkling in the sun, two little ears covered with a simple purple hat and a cute little nose.
All day.. all for me...all my Baby G.
No comments:
Post a Comment