Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My First Little Girl...


Ouch! Today did not start off well... my beloved four-legged friend Riley, had a really hard time moving around this morning and could barely make it outside. I was immediately filled with huge, HUGE, amounts of guilt for the lack of attention that she has gotten from me over the past 9 months. Being Gracie's mama has lessened my time and patience to be Riley's mama and that is sooo unfair to the dog that has been my mainstay, loyal companion for the past 12 years. I plan to take her to the vet this afternoon and hopefully they can prescribe something to make her feel better.

Tonight, I will pet her, and pet her, and pet her and try to make up for my lack of attention over the past few months... I owe her that and I know, because she has always loved, that she will understand. That's just the way she is.

1 comment:

  1. I remember feeling the same way towards my two "babies", Bella & Lulu. It took some time to realize the error of my ways and how much I had neglected them while adapting to motherhood and adoring Sullivan, but they had each other, just like Riley has Lexie. More importantly, Riley will not only have your attention back, but she will soon have another lovely lil' lady named Gracie as a loving companion & playmate, too:)

    ReplyDelete