Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wow.

I see doctors performing magic all the time. Today the doctor was different. I watched him hold the hands of a young man who was very ill and as the boy's mother smiled, his father took a picture. I heard him offer backrubs to nurses and reinforce their importance. I saw him kiss a lady as she pushed a trash can and hug the same grandmother that I saw crying as I waited for his arrival. I heard him speak kindly to a father and tell him he was doing a great job being strong.

He believes in play. He believes in laughter. He believes it’s important to make people smile.

He believes he can make a difference and today he did.

I asked him why he does what he does. His response was this... “I had a really great mother.”


January 2011- Dr. Hunter "Patch" Adams

1 comment: