Friday, May 1, 2009

I Would

The chorus of this song keeps popping into my head. It’s from my college years. I have missed it. I remember blasting it in my apartment and wishing I had it in me to be a hippy, traveling around aimlessly loving everyone and everything. Still today, I love, love, love, music but forgot how much I enjoyed Phish.
(note to self: download Hoist to iPod)

I am not sure why the song was in my mind today. I think it has something to do with the kids (and young man) who I know are fighting a terminal illness- and losing. I don't know them well but my heart still aches for those left behind. I checked the http://www.teamsalmons.com/ website before my feet even hit the floor today. Praying for comfort and time for Ryan.


If I could do something I would… but I don’t know how. None of us do.


IF I COULD
by: Phish

Take me to another place, she said
Take me to another time
Run with me across the oceans
Float me on a silver cloud

If I could I would, but I don't know how
If I could I would, but I don't know how
If I could I would and I'd take you now

Stay with me till time turns over
I want to feel my feet leave the ground
Take me where the whispering breezes
Can lift me up and spin me around

If I could I would... Hear you laughing as we go
Flipping backward through the doors and through the windows...
I'm melting into nothing

If I could I would, but I don't know how
If I could I would, but I don't know how
If I could I would and I'd take you now

No comments:

Post a Comment