Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas in the Country

With the arrival of our own angel Joey and I really wanted to be able to stay at home on Christmas morning this year. So I suggested that we do Christmas with my family "in the country" the weekend before. Everyone agreed so Joey and I packed up the 4x4 and headed south. It was everything I was hoping for. We were greeted at the backdoor by dad... mom was of course in an apron in front of the oven. The house smelled and looked like Christmas past. My sisters all came with their husbands, Kate, Lenny and the kids came out. We ate a great dinner, visited with friends, and all tucked in for the night. Christmas morning was relaxed, we played, we ate, we laughed, and most important... we were all there together. At times... I missed my brother who can't celebrate physically with us anymore but he is never far from all of our hearts. We all miss him at different times and in different ways. I am excited for the new tradition and hope that Gracie is excited too.







No comments:

Post a Comment