I would call it a good little town, an idyllic place that bred livestock and the Bible. Some of my warmest memories were created in a little church there. A smile welcomed me each Sunday morning and sent me home at noon. This time of year the distinct fragrance of lilies swam in the sanctuary and the sound of Ann’s voice surely rang to heaven. Dirty, calloused hands passed the plate and every gift was welcomed. The choir stood tall and the man at the pulpit spoke the word. I didn’t absorb the scripture. I don’t know why a whale swallowed a man or why a man lost his strength with his hair. I can’t recite verses and passages and I don’t really know where Jerusalem is.
I do know that there is a God who loves me. I trust this God loves all of us.
I have friends who are Jewish. I have friends who are Buddhist. I have friends who are atheist.
I have friends who are gay. Good friends.
In a world so full of hatred--- I always welcome love.
Nichole, I agree with Christina----you should be a "writer"! Barbie
ReplyDelete