Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Questions of Head and Heart

I question a lot of things. Actually, I question most everything. Not out loud for others to hear. Not ever. Only in my head. I argue and I justify and I collaborate all the time. But only in my head. My head and me. But I realize that sometimes there is no question.

There is no question that I am lucky and blessed and all that other feel good stuff.

There is no question that I have spent way too much money during maternity leave due to boredom.

There is no question that I am scared to be a working mom and have to start living in the real world again. This time with two children.

There is no question that when Gracie gets home that I am going to kiss her as many times as she will let me.

There is no question that she will ask for goldfish crackers and apple juice before bed and Charlie will "ask" for Similac.

There is no question that if one more person says "make sure you sleep when she sleeps" that I will strangle them. Really? Please, moms out there... if you do this please let me know how....and then, I will probably strangle you.

Now my heart, my heart is a different story. My heart doesn't question. Because my heart is super smart. My heart knows things. It knows what is real, what is great, and what is important.


Charlie and Gracie, April 2010

1 comment:

  1. You are a GREAT MOM and doing a GREAT JOB!!! You can sleep later when you have trained them to do all of the chores like loading the dishwasher and such : )

    ReplyDelete