Sunday, April 4, 2010

High Life


We made the trip to Indy to watch the NCAA Semifinal game. It was a totally unexpected trip and it was great. We were able to aimlessly meander the streets without a stroller or any kid gear. We got to trade the sippy cup for a plastic logo cup filled with gross, watery, very expensive beer from a keg. Since we had no pressure to cheer for any of the teams, I put my feet up and just watched.

We met a few celebs.


After the game we were able to get the last hotel room at the Quality Inn about 25 miles outside of Indy. It was a smoking room with a Jacuzzi in the middle of the room. Absolutely disgusting, yes. Did I get eight hours of completely uninterrupted sleep? Yes. Have you ever seen such a room?? I hadn't.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously LOVE this...Love you did this...I saw your status and was like, maybe she is confused and meant to say watching the Final Four! So happy it was for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, the first place we stayed in Rhode Island had a bathtub in the middle of the room too...I cried. Seems silly now, but at the time, I thought I had made a reservation at a wonderful Inn that looked adorable, but it was pretty bad & I was very disappointed. Needless to say, we moved to a much better location for the rest of the stay, but I still have memories of Halle singing to me on the phone on my wedding day while I was shaving my legs in that bathtub. Too funny:)

    ReplyDelete