Monday, August 24, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This

Dear Trace Adkins,
I love you. I love your music. I do not love walking into work with red, teary eyes. I know that "I am gonna miss this." I know that “I am gonna want this back.” I know that I am “gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast.” I do not need a sappy country ballad to tell me to “take a good look around.” I already know, so thank you for the reminder and thank you for making all of my co-workers think I was puking this morning before work.

Sincerely,
Nichole Ferris


I am not good at too many things but I am really, really, good at pausing life to enjoy it. I am very good at putting off everyday tasks to bask in the beauty of simplicity. I am getting better at saying that I am busy-- that is, busy passing out kisses and dancing to country music in the living room. Because these things matter to me. You just don't get any better than kisses and dancing. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment