Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Protective Hand

It’s my brother’s birthday and while I wish that I could call and sing Happy Birthday to him I know that I can’t. What I can do is feel blessed that I have someone who is looking out for me and my family from above. As much as I miss him here, I have found an extreme peace knowing that he is taking care of all of us from a different plane. It’s hard to explain without sounding completely crazy but I have actually felt as if his hand has scooped me up at times and covered me while heartache and chaos passed over. His hand has been there for really big things like hitting the brake in my car when I was a little late, to smaller but not less important things like holding Gracie’s little finger as she learned to walk, too independent to allow anyone to help. I am confident that his hands have played a large part in all the blessings in my life. Once the shock of loss subsides and the need to feel sorry for oneself has dissipated it’s easier to look at life and put it into perspective. I am lucky beyond measure to have such a loyal, dedicated guardian angel. Happy Birthday Mike and don’t be getting lazy in your old angel age, we still need a lot of help down here. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment