
(This picture isn't that great and I apologize. It was taken in a house with lighting fixtures from 1920 and a camera phone. )
The shoes made me think about how small she still is even though recently she seems like such a big girl. I thought about how dependent she is on me to teach her things. Things like how to tie her shoes, how to ride a bike, how to be grateful and patient, and kind. And I wondered if I was up to the task. After all, it wasn't until she came along that I truly knew and appreciated anything. Most days she walks ahead of me and I am content to just follow. One day her shoes will be as big as mine. Being a parent has been a great walk so far and I pray daily for the wisdom and patience to raise her right.
And…I pray for the little girl that gave Gracie the shoes and wish so much that she could take a walk with her mommy. http://www.careforcelia.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment