Tuesday, June 16, 2009

# 23 Real Dads

When I was a kid I had a different last name from my parents and I spent a lot of time explaining why to new friends. Most times I would say this… “My mom got remarried when I was 4 and I don’t ever see my real dad.” Funny how things get put into perspective when you have child of your own.

My “real dad” was there all along taking care of kids that weren’t “really” his. And now, he gets to play with the cutest little girl ever...perhaps it was all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet early Father's Day tribute. He is lucky... and so are you and Gracie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i read your post it made me cry. happy and sad tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never want to make anyone cry...and since this was an anonymous comment I am not sure who to apologize to. Sorry anonymous..:)

    ReplyDelete