Seventy- Eight----the number of times I have hit the backspace button while trying to write this note to you.
My words lack sufficient depth. My focus travels our path together and my heart heaves happiness. It’s been several weeks since we celebrated your birthday. With pride you extend your entire hand in the air when asked your age. Fingers spread as wide as the smile on your face.
I have studied you since the day we met. For five years my fingers have traced your body. The folds that used to live on your baby legs have stretched to allow bruises and skinned knees. Your bare baby crown is now the keeper of beautiful blonde hair that you choose to wear simply “straight down.” Compassion radiates from your cobalt eyes as you consistently express concern for others.
I love you Grayson Elizabeth. You have added such a huge amount of magnificence to my world.
I am so proud to be your mom.
Know you are loved,
Momma


No comments:
Post a Comment